I believe success in business often happens in the small tweaks you make – not the big overhauls.
The tweaks come in three forms:
Alignment on all three levels creates a cohesive business that is both energizing and profitable and that also delivers great results for your clients.
Here are a few examples of what this looks like in real life:
- Energetic tweak: Your message
It can be disheartening when you feel you’ve outgrown your message or that your existing message is too broad leaving you wondering if people are really resonating with your content.
Signs that your message isn’t quite on point can look like:
- You aren’t excited to market yourself or to write content (although there can be many reasons for this one)
- You put content out but you don’t get a lot of responses or the wrong type of clients show interest in your work
- Your audience isn’t totally clear on what you do.
This can create self-doubt, the feeling of throwing spaghetti on the wall or doing work you’ve outgrown (and fearing you’ll have to keep doing it to pay the bills).
Solution: Asking yourself if your message still resonates with you is the first step to assessing your personal resonance with what you are sharing. If it is, then the next step is to refine the message so it lights you up and speaks to what your clients come to you for. If the message is something you’ve outgrown altogether, then it’s an exciting opportunity to be honest about what you want to talk about next and to craft language that supports that.
- Strategic: Program Structure Example
Let’s say you are a coach with a variety of different coaching programs.
If they aren’t performing well or you’d like to increase their effectiveness, I like to look at:
- Do you still like what you are offering?
- Is the offer priced in a way that reflects your energetic input or is it time to increase the price or adjust your payment plan structures?
- Is the delivery and timeframe of your program (1:1, group, hybrid) something that lights you up and that gets your clients excited?
Sometimes a simple shift in the price point of an offer, or in the delivery (going from 1:1 to group, for example) to free up more of your time without sacrificing results, can energize you and add more revenue and jazz up your offer for you and your clients.
If you’re bored of the programs you’ve been offering, can you tweak the subject matter or the length of the program so it feels more exciting or is it time to do a quick audit of your offers and only keep the ones that support where you are headed? For the subject matter you can go deeper into a specific topic or adjust the length so it feels good to you.
These are tiny examples of simple tweaks that can make all the difference without a major overhaul in your offers. You feel more energized, your revenue increases and you get to help more people.
- Leadership: Shifting your schedule and prioritizing your revenue-generating activities
The inner game of any business leader is always the game-changer because it impacts how they show up on a daily business in service of their vision and how they are perceived by their clients.
The inner game of leadership often shows up around boundaries, people pleasing, daily habits, what you prioritize, what you do and don’t delegate abnd what you are procrastinating on – to name a few.
Examples of tweaks in leadership that can make a big difference in your daily routine and in your relationship to your business can include:
- Revisiting your client schedule and hours of operation(tighter boundaries)
- Having a list of criteria for things you are asked to do (podcast requests, response time to clients, what you delegate) so you have a filter to determine what you do, what you delegate and what you say yes to (hallelujah!)
- Identifying a fear or set of fears that are holding you back from starting a new project that will grow your business and income, shifting perspective on it and taking one baby step towards making it a reality.
- Prioritizing your revenue-generating activities daily over non-income generating projects
- Joining communities of like-minded people that support you and cheer you on.
I could go on and on.
Alignment – just like going to a chiropractor – can happen in the minor adjustments that create more flexibility, expansion and joy.
And while there may be times when bigger changes are necessary to grow your business, more often than not, it’s the tweaks that make the biggest impact for service-based businesses.
The best thing about shifts is that they usually aren’t expensive, don’t require adding on a big team, building out intricate funnels, hiring expensive coaches or starting over from scratch.
And while sometimes these shifts are blatantly obvious, some are blindspots that are less obvious without a fresh perspective.
This is where I can help. See below.
If you’ve been feeling like a few aspects of your business have been off and you want support to make the alignment adjustments it’s calling for, I’d love to help.
This is exactly what my Alchemize Program is designed to do. It’s designed to help you make the energetic, strategic and leadership tweaks that will create expansion in your business without you having to work harder.
We start by identifying your Soulfluent® Leadership Archetype which will inform how we will create alignment in the three core business levers of your business: Your Message + Your Marketing + Your Money Structures.
I personally feel inspired the last Quarter of every year to make tweaks in my business and to start envisioning what’s next for the new year.
If this sounds interesting, I’d love to invite you to join Alchemize. It’s a flexible membership-style program that combines:
- A 45 minute private Business Coaching session in your Akashic Records
- Office Hours
- A recorded training each month pertaining to aligning your message, marketing or money systems with your Soulfluent® Leadership Archetype.
- BONUS: A written personal assessment of your three business levers and strategic recommendations to guide your path forward.
There is an initial 90 day commitment when you join the program. After that you can cancel if you’re complete or stay on at a month-to-month basis for on-going “soul-on-tap” support to keep growing your business in alignment with your natural gifts and leadership style.
Alchemize is rolling admissions so when you are ready, you can get started right away.
To your sweet success,
P.S.: If you have questions about whether Alchemize is the right fit for you, feel free to reply to this email and I can help you decide what’s the right next step for you.